David Knoff is a former Antarctic Station and Voyage leader and led the team at Australia’s Davis Research station in 2020. The worst of the COVID-19 pandemic then left them isolated far longer than ever expected. David’s new book ‘537 Days of Winter‘ tells the story of what happened.
In this episode with David, I ask him:
- What were the physical and psychological changes that you went through during that time?
- In Antarctica, how do you manage the balance between looking after yourself as the leader and looking after the group’s needs?
- When things weren’t going well, how did you find the motivation to keep going? What did you do to motivate others?
- What was the biggest change you noticed when you got back after having missed 2020 and the worst of the pandemic?
- What was the biggest challenge when it came to writing about your experience?
- And so much more.
To watch this inspiring episode, click the video link below.