Micro-Win WhatsApp group
Being able to share a micro-win each day helps us be reminded that there are good things that are going on in our lives, rather than us focusing on what is not going to plan right now.
When we get into this habit of sharing a daily micro-win with people we trust, it improves our perspective, gives us a sense of support and is an accountability process so that we become the boss of our thoughts, not the slave to them.
Ideas to make it work well:
- Group size is best between 2 and 5 people.
- Suggest that everyone sets an alarm on their phone at a time that suits their schedule to write in their daily micro-win (btw 3pm and 8pm is ideal).
- No one is to respond or make a comment about each other’s micro-win because this will feel like another thing to add to our already full to do lists … which we don’t need.
- Acknowledge what someone has written with a like only.
- Have a word cap of about 30 words, so it’s not too time-consuming… and you don’t have to read someone’s essay!
- If you are the organiser, here are some draft instructions that you can copy and paste into the group once you set it up: Welcome to the 5-day daily micro-win group. On Monday we will start sharing one micro-win that we have had over the last 24hrs. It may help to set an alarm on your phone to remind yourself to do this. Please keep your micro-win to less than 30 words and acknowledge everyone else’s win with a reaction (thumbs up, heart, laugh etc) NOT a comment. I look forward to being part of this group so we can focus on the good things that are going on in our lives.
- I suggest you start by committing to 5days only (Mon-Fri) and then if the group participants find it to be a positive addition to their daily habits, you can then discuss continuing it.