Studies show that dancing improves our cognitive ability, spatial awareness, confidence and ability to relax and feel happy.
In this episode of Wine and Wisdom, I speak with the iconic Rafael Bonachela who is the Artistic Director of the Sydney Dance Company. I ask him questions like:
- What is the importance of the arts in our society? Why are they more important than ever before?
- The Sydney Dance Company has obviously had to make major changes in how they have delivered dance to their audience. What have you done? What feedback have you had? What do you say to people who have had to adapt and reinvent themselves because of the corona virus. What insights do you have for them about transitioning?
- I’ve seen many people through social media embracing dance in their living rooms while in lockdown. Do you think this has helped people stay physically and mentally healthy?
- Why does dance bring us so much joy and make us feel so good?
- What role will dance play in expressing the stories that people have experienced from this challenging time?
- What has been the most impactful piece of wisdom that you have received?