Increase productivity by doing nothing. That’s a weird statement, isn’t it? How on earth can we get through our ‘to do’ lists if we are doing nothing?
The truth is if we want to get more done, in less time with fewer mistakes, then we need to give our brains a break.
We need to allow it to rest; reboot so it can perform at its best for us.
Of course, when you have looming deadlines, team members relying on you, clients calling you, suppliers needing your attention, children needing to be taken to sport, parents needing some help around the house and fur-babies desperate for another walk, this seems nearly impossible.
But if you can find just 10mins in your day to be still (this is only 0.7% of your day btw), you will reap the #productivity rewards.
Here are 5 opportunities to do absolutely nothing:
1. Wake up 10mins earlier & sit in bed with your eyes closed
2. Make a mid-morning coffee & stand at the window looking out while sipping away
3. Walk outside at lunch, turn your phone to silent & sit in the fresh air
4. Turn your back to your computer & spend the time breathing deeply
5. Put on your headphones & listen to a guided meditation on your way home
How do you ensure you are getting some ‘nothing-time’ in your day?