Having an Olympic dream postponed is a hard blow when you have sacrificed so much over the last four years (a lifetime) to prepare for it. In this episode, Sharni and I discuss:
- How her team, the Rugby Sevens are staying physically and mentally healthy and motivated while they wait for Tokyo to go ahead.
- If it is harder going into the next Olympics as reigning champions trying to defend a gold medal.
- How that first Australian gold medal in 2016 has doubled the number of girls playing rugby in this country.
- The future of women in sport in Australia.
- How she inspires young kids to reach their dreams.